Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bangkok 10th May 2007 Day 1

10th May 2007

Suppose to meet Ryan at 0900hrs but I was late by an hour. Forget to set my alarm and dose off the night before caused me to be late. About 0845hr Ryan gave me a morning call where I hurry pack my back in 15min and shower to meet him.

We reach the Budget Terminal at about 1100hr. Who said need 2 hr for check in …. All airline will encourage you to be 2 hr ahead . For queuing ??? hmmm bit waste of time for a 1 to 1 check in . Hee Hee…. although we are late for the 2hr , we still stroll down to the check in counter in a relax manner .

After we got the ticket , we immediately go thur the passport control . Realized something , I used to be check by the immigration officer. But this time the officer seem to be from a 3rd party security company. I had nothing to declare as all my liquid substance had already put into my bagpack up to the plane cargo.

Saw very little people with the transparent bag. Only for those who had purchased liquor from the duty free shop . The bag was something like a zip-lock but with handle and instead of zip it uses double sided tape to seal it up . Very good but the staff had to spend time to seal it then cash out for the behind customer .

1400 hr - We reach the new Thailand’s international airport – Suvarnabhumi Terminal. It was drizzling outside. It had a lot of signage and can be understood easily.

Some mindset changes:
-Currency is about $0.45 to $10 thai baht.
-Time is 1hr later than Singapore.
-Use simply English they able to understand.


From the airport to the city is about 35km. We asked if we took a taxi on meter + airport charge + toll charge is about $400 baht. We decided to take a city express bus $150 baht / head. The bus can be found at the basement gate 8.

We reach Suvarnabhumi Terminal , safe and sound.


From the airport to the city is about 35km. We asked if we took a taxi on meter + airport charge + toll charge is about $400 baht. We decided to take a city express bus $150 baht / head. The bus can be found at the basement gate 8.

However we need to wait for our bus for 20 mins. So, we went to the food court to had a quick lunch. Their food court like in Singapore you need to purchase a coupon or value card to purchase the food. The coupon and value card is refundable if you cannot finished the value . No worry if you spend lesser than the actual value you bought.

Our first meal in Bangkok, is only 30 baht.

Their Chicken rice. I like the chillies sauces.

We hopped in to the city express bus.

yeah the bus will give us free city tour.


We boarded the bus, it took about 1 hr to reach the Pratunam, I don’t mind the duration the time is mine. We alight a junction near Amari Watergate. We got lost as I saw a hotel named First Hotel. When we were at the lobby, the staff told us we had over shot.

Our hotel is First House Hotel just 2 street away on the right of Amari Watergate. A 10 storey high hotel at the price $36/night is good deal. Superior room with 2 single bed and a bathtub. Our room was facing off the street so was quiet. Tv Channel like HBO and ESPN was provided. However the room was a bit old .

Taking an ease, I unpack my things , Ryan had his pill as he was having a flu. Felt hungry.


Here the room view. Type: Superior .... pice cheap cheap $36/night


I'm watching HBO now.


Ryan woke up. We had our dinner at a Japanese restaurant . I had my strawberry chezze ice cream where I missed it from the last Genting.


Grill Chicken and Grill Pork bento set

Shiok huh!!! Let me show you how to eat the bento set.

Finale was the Seafood Tempura

Expenditure Check for 2 pax
City Bus Express - $300 baht
Lunch - $100 baht
Dinner - $500 baht

No comments: